-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of wn1b8
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 5:43 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Repeater Pl tone encode decode methods

Steve,

We use two boards but switch the encode on only when the input tone is
present. The reason for this is it facilitates the use of cross band
radios. The tone drops out before the courtesy tone and tail so the
guys doing cross banding can access the repeater in normal time.

I prefer having the tone present during courtesy and ID, it helps
eliminate timing out by the guys using PL decode, but its not possible
in this scenario.

73,

Scott Madison, WN1B

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>