>> Re: Need Plan info on handheld coverage in Business
>> Band for 60 miles or so

It would be sad to learn that a good radio shop
couldn't come up with the obvious answers to this
request, sell the equipment and provide a very cost
effective solution to the original coverage request.

Figure Cingular units cost min $29 per month just
to run the ptt feature.  20 units is an easy $580
a month just as a regular ongoing cost.  This type
system is where Land Mobile Radio (LMR) could provide
a much more cost effective solution at a much reduced
ongoing cost over Nextel and/or Cingular. Someone
with their well thought out planning hat on would
also make the system perform both in and around the
store locations just to impress and expand the system
to the local area.

> Cingular's push to talk feature might be a solution.

The problem with many of the older radio shops is the
lack of vision... in the old railroad days we called
this "sleeping at the switch".

I'd be over to the customer location the next day
asking to demo the equipment, showing system diagrams
and showing off the portables that would work through
the system... also showing how much the ongoing costs
would be for both systems over the next 3 years. Most
people can see that far ahead.  About 80% plus of the
old time radio shops never seemed to wake up or warm up
to the real world... many have gone poof.

cheers,
skipp