If you email or contact my ("rotten to the core" :-) friend
Mike (wu7q) about his UHF Repeater System (on echolink and
IRLP), he'll tell you the story of how his brand new LMR-400
feed-line worked great for about 3 months. The system was
installed early in the year when outside temps were
moderate.

The California 105' summer heat killed the line in the
fourth month of operation.

The Repeater Receiver went numb... really numb.  Everything
tested great, Receiver, Duplexer, the LMR-400 feedline and
new Antenna.  T'was a real head scratcher for a time.

So...
We replaced the LMR-400 feed line with 1/2 inch andrews hard
line and the receiver came back to life just like magic!

The original LMR-400 still tests like nothing is wrong with
it... but something is wrong with it unless you like resistive
feed line on your UHF Repeater System.

This is only one example of the grief we've had with LMR-400
feed line.  But I will say that some of our earlier installed
LMR line vhf antenna systems are still working ok. We are slowing
removing the LMR-400 from critical applications as equipment is changed.

Your results will probably vary...

Tower climbers and antenna days are costly and eat up more
time than most people/shops care to admit.  Over time you learn
to remove all the variables from a new antenna system installation
so you don't end up "punching the clown" over a product selection
mistake. LMR is in the variable columb...

cheers,
skipp