--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Tim and Janet Campbell"
> Recently there were some negative comments about the LMR coax.  I
have not
> used it before but was curious what problems others may have
> while using it.
> Tim KB2MFS

1. I would NEVER use LMR between the repeater and duplexers, use RG-142
or even better are the Andrews Superflex.

2. If using LMR-400/600/900/1200, make sure it is the FLOODED BRAID
version; I never buy anything except the Flooded Braid versions. Most
of the "problems" I have found were traces to improperly installed
connectors , non-flooded braid cable, and/or weatherproofing; including
at grounding locations.  Either order the cables with the conectors
installed or have the PROPER tools and know how to install them and use
accepted commerical weatherproofing material and techniques.

3. If you are having to PAY for cable installation, spend the extra
money for good quality Hardline such as Andrews or RFS Celwave; it will
save you over time.

4. LMR-400 is better than RG-8 type cable, LMR-600 is better than LMR-
400, Hardline is better all the time.

5. Note that many MANAGED commerical sites do NOT allow anything but
specific hardlines.  This is for many reasons, including
standardization of their cable hangers and PROPER grounding of the
cables at regular intervals (not only at the top and bottom of the run).