> solder to.  Use the crimp-on style connectors from www.Fab-
Corp.com and
> provide some kind of stress relief to the connector.  Try not to
nick the
> center conductor when you strip it back as it is copper-clad

All very true, but holds true really for any cable - any changes
(nicks/scratchs/blobs of solder more than needed on center
conductor)  to the surface of the center conductor will show up if
you sweep the cable.  A TDR really shows this stuff.

BTW, Times does make a version of LMR called "-DB" which is a
flooded cable, and I am using LMR-900-DB on one repeater here in our
local area and have been for 4 years now with no problems.

Now I don't want to get kicked out of this forum, so I have to cross
this one gently.  I am the "Anderson" of Fleeman, Anderson & Bird
Corp http://www.fab-corp.com as mentioned above.  We have offered
for years a special amateur radio operator discount of 7% off your
total.  All you have to do is put your callsign in the comments when
you finish you order.  This is done manually the first order, but
subsequent orders you'll see the % off on your cart when you login
the site.

My appologies to the moderator if i've crossed any rules here, just
wanting to pass on the offer we have.

Now that's not to say that I also don't use LDF, I have 1035ft of 1
5/8 on one repeater that's 5 years old and running strong.  My most
insane line is 865ft of 3 1/8" EIA transmission line we use at one
site from a broadcaster that abandoned it on a 1000ft tower.  (here
in Florida it's flat, our only way to get high is on tall towers)
http://www.ni4ce.org (Big Stick) has the information on our 5 site
15 county repeater system here in West Central Florida I maintain.

Dave Anderson