I have and they actually work just fine. Although they are
very basic and provide no repeater controller options, which
include a tail or drop out timer unless you buy the model
that has it built in.
The cable you ask about takes two Motorola 16 pin radios
like the GM300 and M120 units, makes one a repeater receiver
and the other a transmitter.

I make a similar unit using the rear 16 pin plug/jack and
in some examples also/or the front mic jace.

Be careful about the ebay sold unit, it's very, very easy
to put the cable in upside down, there is no plug polarity
key, nor is there a real indication of which side of the plug
goes up or down.  (unless they've changed their design.