Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 22:28:19
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: BiDirectional Repeater Cable?

Thanks for the response.  So this is not what I thought it sounds like.  We are
looking to boost indoor handheld coverage so our theory was to use this
cable with a VHF w/ our main repeater freqs and connect it to a UHF for
handheld transmissions.  In this case, both radios would need to be able to RX
and TX, not one as Rx and one as Tx.  Correct?
Also had recommendations for a rooftop yagi pointing to our main repeater, to a
bi-directional amp, to a indoor omni.  As well as having multiple on-site
repeaters linked via UHF.  If you have any other thoughts or experience w/
these please let me know!  Most of our sites are about 2-3 miles apart, but we
have one that is about 10-15 miles.  The main repeater is at about 100ft AAT,
but 2 of our locations are sitting in a river valley which seems to be blocking
a good handheld signal.