Hi John,

Using all the common uhf/vhf bands in a Cherokee I can tell
you there will be some minor (but strong) birdies at various
vhf/uhf spectral locations.

They appear to be computer software located so they do go
away when some major operational parameters changes during
your trips (travel).

As an example... a birdie will pop up on a frequency but will
probably not return to the same frequency the next time the
vehicle is started. Relative to the overall operation, The
birdie problem on a desired frequency is less than 3% of the
time.

I have yet to operate hf on the road from the Cherokee, which
makes very a nice service/radio vehicle.

The drive shaft and 4wd front knuckle U-Joints without
grease fittings are/were my only complaint. I just had the
originals replaced with new Spicer units, which have the
much desired grease fittings.  Doesn't have anything to do with
the radio, but what the heck...

cheers,
skipp