At 4/5/2006 09:22 AM, you wrote:
>Anybody familiar with this? I remember the old GLB units from waay
>back, and did not realize they were still/now available. I just
>requested pricing for a 220 unit. They spec it at 8db of gain, and 44
>db of rejection at the transmit frequency . Pretty darn good!
>http://www.aria-glb.com/products/reset_frames.htm?/products/preselector.htm

I'd sure like to know what the noise figure is - only gain & selectivity
specs are given, no NF.  If it's the same as
<http://www.simrex.com/site/products/preselector/Preselector1.pdf>, I'd
expect it to have a high NF.  Since this thing would typically be ahead of
any other preamps (if any), it would effectively set the NF of the RX
system.  A GaAsFET preamp is used, but if it's preceded by a filter with 8
dB of loss, the NF will be ~8.5 dB.

Bob NO6B