Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 08:30:11 -0700
   From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Frequency Spacing?

At 4/5/2006 07:27, you wrote:

> >How close, frequency spacing wise, can a couple of VHF (2 meter) repeaters
> >in the same equipment room on the same short tower be made to work well
> >without much trouble or extra expense? How does 45 Kc. with same 600 Kc.
> >offset sound? What will work this close and what won't?

My 2 cents worth. Seven years ago at Lake Tahoe at 8000' ( harsh winters
) on a 40' tower we put 2 repeaters and a remote base receiver using 2
antennas. At the top of the tower we use a DB 2 bay folded dipoles for
master receive. Receive frequencies 144.55, 146.25, 147.195. Using 2 4"
bandpass cavities for each frequency.

25' lower we use 5 element yagi side mounted to a 2 channel combiner. Tx
145.150, 146.850. Both transmitters are less then 30 watts using 2
isolators and 2    4" bandpass cavity for each transmitter.

This has worked flawless, good tower bonding is a must and using copper
hard line and rg 214 jumpers (no 9913 type cable for this installation).

Chris n6icw

http://www.n6icw.org