As stated in the original message this was into a dummy load.
Reflected pwr. was minimal across all the freq's. 440 to 470. If this
isnt field correctable it will go back to Henry along with all the
bench notes.

Doug
--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, Mathew Quaife <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> First thing you need to mention, is did you do this test into an
antenna or into a dummy load?  If in to an antenna, as the SWR goes
up, so will the power.  If into a dummy load, then it shows it is
narrowed for the 450-470 Mhz band, and it would be best to consult
them about it.  But from what others have said, there amps are very
broad banded, at least all that I have read.

>   Mathew
>

> n3dab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   Greetings to the group,
>
> Does any one have any specific info on retuning a Henry C200D10R
UHF
> 450-470 rack mount PA into the 440 band ? The PA requires 5-10w to
> produce 100-200w out. I can see nothing inside that is adjustable,
> all the components are fixed value and securely soldered in place.
> The only thing that might be adjusted is the spacing of the coils
on
> 4 wire wound chokes, 2 near the input and 2 near the output.
>
> The PA belong to a friend who purchased it used from a 3rd party,
had
> it shipped to Henry to put on 443.750, and return for use. A simple
> bench test into a 50 ohm dummy load shows that (using a IC2400
mobile
> on low power) 8-9w in at 443.750 yields about 45w out but as I
> increase the freq. to 462.750 the IC2400 pwr drops to 5-6 w (which
> would expect from from the mobile being out of band) but the PA
> output pwr. jumps to over 100w.
>
> My suspicion is that Henry did nothing but make sure it was working
> in the deigned band range(450-470) and slap a new label on it and
> send it back.
>
> Will compressing the choke coils closer together make any
difference
> in the freq. range, or do some of the fixed components need
> replacing. I know the choke compression worked in retuning a ARR
450-
> 470 preamp to move it to 440 (per ARR directions). If so, how close
> should the coils be spaced ??
>
> TIA for any help
> Doug N3DAB
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links