I would guess that the resulting impedance mismatch would mess with the
current nodes somewhat...
In order to acheive peak effeciency, you really want to stay on the odd
numbered 1/4 wave current nodes.  Not really sure what the effect on
velocity of propagation would be.. you will definately need that bit of
information to cut the length properly.

I strongly suggest sticking with 50 ohm high quality cable.

I have found that the little details are what will kill an effort regarding
this project..

The series resonant notch is very sensitive, so it doesn't take much of a
change to wander from resonance... and you need every dB you can wring out
of this design.
If I get a chance, I will look into it..  I think I have some RG6 around
here...  the foil may become an issue as well over time.  Just not real
sure.

73
Mike
K5JMP