The one with two splits was the TK-710, the 720 can be programed to full
bandwidth, only needs retuning the front end and the both VCO's..

Juan Tellez A, XE2SI
EEWW..

I know the 720 was made in at least two band splits, because we got
the wrong one at first and it wouldn't come down into the ham band.

Wether you can program it there is a very different question from
wether it will operate there.  Inherently broadbanded designs are
inherently bad for repeater use.

In our case, we were finally able to eke out 18W without the solder
melting on the finals, after I replaced the regular solder with silver
solder, and added small heat sink fins.

The 720 we had also had a synth issue. After being in service for 3
months or so, it started hopping between our frequency and the local
airport tower frequency.  This happened very quickly, such that it
appeared to be transmitting on both bands at once. The synth was madly
signalling to the CPU that it was unlocked, and the CPU was blithely
ignoring that.

I'd be very surprised if there was a single 720 model that covered
this spread. I'd be even more surprised if using it that way was a
good idea.

Yahoo! Groups Links

__________ InformaciĆ³n de NOD32, revisiĆ³n 1.1504 (20060424) __________

Este mensaje ha sido analizado con  NOD32 antivirus system
http://www.nod32.com