You are right Gary, the last thing I want to do is get a police cheif upset with the ham community, especially if it caused by something other than their transmitter.

Mathew

Gary <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Assuming the amateurs are hearing this traffic with their radios in
carrier squelch here's a few suggestions:

assuming there is regular activity on the commercial channel attempt to
'hunt' the signal on the amateur freq, try to verify an increase in
signal strength and perhaps audio clarity as you approach the commercial
transmitter site.

if possible look for a 147.2Mhz spur on the commercial transmitter's
output. Look at the duplexer, transmitter, circulator, every point along
the way. If you encounter something then inform the owner but try to
avoid confrontation.

If you encounter resistance from the owner, the 'chief' or his people
then I would suggest backing off, gather as much data without
interacting with them then pass the data on to your local FCC rep and
their Spectrum Enforcement Division directly. Others may have better
ideas for your region.

Gary