Thank You,
Ian Wells,
Kerinvale Comaudio,

-------Original Message-------

Date: 05/06/06 22:51:11
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] cp70-422n

Ian,

Interestingly the RF Solutions web site does not list the insertion loss for the CP 70 series duplexers.  Looking further thru the pdf I find that the Cp145 series at 144-174 has a 2 dB insertion loss.  Even assuming 3dB loss in the cavities you have what appears to be excessive loss, but you do not say how the measurements were taken.

Was the duplexer connected to the antenna or a dummy load?  Using a dummy load will eliminate any reflected power from the antenna from affecting your measurement.

Milt
N3LTQ