Yeah, 5 kc off will make it sound kinda funky, and I don't have GMRS rules in front of me but may also be out of legal tolerance.  If you are sure your counter is accurate (ck against a know to to correct source), then set the trimmer in the TX module, or see if the shop that tuned it up for you will help - pretty minor thing.  If you have new crystals, there may also be a drift problem with the crystals, also, the receive may be off as well.

ssb