Kevin;
         The Mastr III station manuals currently document the process
of hooking an external controller to a Mastr III. If it truly is a
Mastr III as opposed to a Mastr IIe.... there is a quite a
difference. I would suggest you get a manual for it and it should
have the interface in it, it may even be in one of the LBI's here in
the repository of GE stuff.. The documentation dates back to Ericsson
era Mastr III stations.....

The Mastr III stations are not known for moving out of band well...
if it is a high split it will require some work to get it to 2
meters.. The controller interface is probably the least of your
worries.... I would make sure the RF part is going to cooperate as it
is not just a matter of plug and tune....

The Mastr IIe  ( which is a hybrid Mastr II with a Mastr III control
shelf is another matter.....
It is much easier to work with...

Doug
KD8B