--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, Bob Dengler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> At 5/4/2006 08:38 AM, you wrote:
>
> > >I hope someone can shed some light on this?
> > >
> > > If I have my repeater at home it works with 30 Watts out now
problem.
> > > When I bring it back to the repeater site I have to lower it to 5-10
> > > Watts because I get RF feedback to the radio.  It just sounds
like the
> > > squelch is always open.
> > >
> > > Motorola Mitrek modified for duplex
> > > Coax is the same at both locations, LMR400
> > >
> > > Antenna is the only thing that is different, using a fiberglass
Alpha

> If the repeater site is shared, there's lots of other
equipment/antennas up
> there as well.  Any switching power supplies, video cameras or TV
> transmitters at the site?
>
> Bob NO6B

The repeater site is not shared. I have now tried everything I
possibly could think of.  I replaced the coax from the duplexer to the
radio, encased the radio in a thick metal box, replaced coax, replaced
antenna.  Still the same thing.  So I am led to believe that the
repeater site itself is receiving some sort of interferance?