--- Gary <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yeah, the RS and RM series are electrically the same
> however, the schematics
> vary depending upon the year of print. I have the
> RS-50M schematic from 2000
> off the RB website. I requested a schematic from the
> rocket scientists at
> Astron. What they sent is dated 1996 and the two
> have significant differences
> between them not to mention a third I found
> elsewhere dated 1997 (again, some
> differences). I wouldn't be so concerned except the
> differences are in
> component ID's and values. I'm hoping someone has a
> more recent copy
> available-- perhaps two out of three (or four) will
> agree. The protective SCR
> is shorted in mine. I can buy the part from Astron
> next week but I was hoping
> to find it via Newark, Mouser, or the like. The SCR
> part number varies
> depending upon what schematic you look at but most
> call for a "SO565J". I have
> not yet found the manufacturer of this part number
> nor a source outside of
> Astron.
> Gary

It is not unusual for the part numbers and components
to change over the years in electronics.  Many
noncritical parts will be bought in quantities and
when they are used up the next batch may be obsolete
or a beter price may be had for another part number.
All that is needed for the scr is for it to be rated
at the needed voltage and current and for the gate to
trigger about the same.  There are probably 25 to 50
devices that will make that rating, the same with many
of the parts in the Astron.

http://mail.yahoo.com