> With the xmit channel element always running, I see a continous
> measurable output from the exciter or the test set. No difference
> whether the repeater is in xmit mode or idle. Just curious as to
> what I should be seeing. I have a spare exciter board and aligned
> both as per manual, both give the exact reading which is down from
> what the manual gives as typical..Thanks...Don

You should see a significant jump in output when the transmitter is keyed.
I don't have a manual in front of me, but from what I remember, the last two
(three?) multiplier stages get powered when the transmitter is keyed.  If
you're not seeing any change in reading, it's my guess that the exciter
isn't really being keyed, probably due to either a mis-configuration of
jumpers on the backplane or a card not installed or properly jumpered.  It
could be something as simple as the PL board isn't installed in the exciter,
or the jumper needs to be installed if the PL encoder isn't used.  I can
pull a manual later and give you the "most likely suspects" later if you
don't find it on your own.

If you have some pads (of known accuracy), you could attenuate the exciter
output sufficiently to feed it to the spectrum analyzer in your service
monitor and get a ballpark measurement of the output that way.

                                                        --- Jeff