  From: dave_g7uzn
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, December 25, 2006 6:18 AM
  Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: 6M cans still wanted in UK

  Hi Chuck, I did make some enquiries about the price of the ali tubing
  but gave up when 4 lenghs of 8" diameter tubing alone was £750 (about
  $1500) Then there is all the insides and engineering costs! I'm
  prepared to pay $1000 for a good set of cans.

  Cheers Dave UZN

  --- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Barry C'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  wrote:

  > I wish you would price the making of , as said previously I have
  done it at
  > a fraction of used or new and for 6m I doubt you will have any luck
  to hop
  > to it and start building .
  >

  > >From: "dave_g7uzn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  > >To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  > >Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: 6M cans still wanted in UK
  > >Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 16:27:34 -0000
  > >
  > >Thanks for the link Chuck...I have seen it before but the
  irrigation
  > >pipe is plastic in the UK! and to buy the raw materials new would
  > >cost more than a second hand set INCLUDING shipping.
  > >
  > > Cheers Dave UZN
  > >

  > >--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Kelsey" <kelsey@>
  > >wrote:
  > > >
  > > > To be honest, finding surplus low band duplexers in the United
  > >States is a
  > > > challenge. Usually if you do find some cans, the owner will not
  > >ship them.
  > > >
  > > > Here's a site showing how to make some full-sized cans. It's a
  lot
  > >of work.
  > > >
  > > > http://www.bcarn.net/6m-project-duplexer.htm
  > > >
  > > > Chuck
  > > > WB2EDV

  Search now!
  > www.seek.com.au
  > http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%
  2Ecom%2Eau&_t=757263760&_r=Hotmail_EndText_Dec06&_m=EXT