From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 1:09 PM
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Bi-Polar Prom Programmer Wanted (please)

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply...

If I have to work with the eprom adapter I might get that far... but
I'm trying to stay original in this project. I've found an easy cheap
source of the original proms so I'm stocked up just fine. I just want
to program the new ID'er proms.

Yeah I've seen the adapters for the Syntors and MCX radios. You,
"rfguys" and a few others have them available after-market. RFguys
on ebay sells a drop-in eeprom replacement for the prom (with the
programmer). But the software is set up for Motorhead Radio stuff,
which is not helpfull for my id'er task.

If I can find a prom programmer... I'll be able to burn proms for
all the vintage id'er units I have.... autocode, CW-50, spectrum
repeater yadda yadda...

still on the hunt...

cheers,
skipp