I realize that from time-to-time this subject has come up: the want of a
commercial-grade dual band antenna.  The DB314 is one option that has been
mentioned before, but the gain figures are not what we'd like them to be.  And
we'd really like to find something other than a multiple-section ham dual
bander.

Our ham club is wanting to add 440 capabilities to our current repeater site.
The tower is a golfball-on-a-tee style water tower, and we are allowed only one
mounting location.  So we find ourselves in this same situation.  We are
currently using a commercial fiberglass stick on the low end of it's 2:1 curve
for VHF and we are allowed to replace it with whatever we want to pay for. hi hi

Has anyone ever tried 'interlacing' a DB224 and a DB408 or DB420(or similar) on
a common mast?  and use suitable diplexers at the top and bottom ends of the
line?  or would there be too much interaction between the bays, using that
physical arrangement?  or would it result in goofy patterns?

Or is the DB314 the only workable method of doing this? and is it worth it at
~1200 bucks?

Thanks.

73  Paul