  From: Doug Dickinson
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 7:18 PM
  Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Battery backup

  The best arrangement I have seen so far is the Powergate PW40S which has the
built-in 3 stage charger. I have used them and they are really good with a zero
time switchover so none of the little electrons in the controller get confused
and reset or worse, lockup the controller. It also charges the battery the
RIGHT way, with a 3 stage charger. It can be duplicated I am sure, but at the
price, I just would buy it and spend the time tinkering with the RF for a good
repeater.

  IMHO

  Doug KC0SDQ