From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Dave
VanHorn
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2007 1:17 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Antenna on the side of a water tower

Can anyone point me to something that will show me the antenna pattern
for a VHF and UHF antenna mounted on the side of a water tank at
different distances from the tank?

I've been offered a site, but I can't have top mount, I have to go on
the side. I have the mfgr's docs showing pattern with different
distances between the loops and the mast, but I don't have any info on
how the big metal tank reflection will disturb the pattern.

I'm sure there's an optimal distance, but I don't know what it would
be.