Thank you for the comments, all will be accepted.  To answer a couple
of the questions, at the initial site, this repeater will be the only
radio system in place and operating.  At the final location, it will
be included in a section that maintains other amatuer equipment and
commercial public safety equipment operated by our parent organziation
(a national SAR organization).  Both locations will have backup power
and the "supplier" is aware of this.

AS to other items, I will have to double check with the person I have
been dealing with at PR about the system.

Please feel free to continue to comment about this as all help will
make this better in the long run.

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff DePolo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I'm not sure if you were looking for constructive criticism or not.
 If you
> were, here's mine.  If not, the delete key is within finger's reach...
>
> > 1 TKR-750 VHF Kenwood Repeater - $1350
> > 1 KPG-91D Repeater Programming Kit - $119
> > 1 TKR-PS1223 Kenwood Internal Power Supply - $169
> > 1 PC24-NN Patch Cable (Repeater TX to Duplexer) - $31.50
> > 1 PC24-NB Patch Cable (Repeater RX to Duplexer) - $26.35
> > 1 PRD-1556 6 Cavity Pass-Reject Duplexer - $1859
> > 1 PC95-400-NN Patch Cable (Duplexer to Polyphaser) - $54
> > 1 IS-50NX-CI Polyphaser (Lighting Protection) - $62
> > 100 feet of LMR-400 Feed Line $82
> > 2 CC4-NM Coax Connector Type N Male - $25
> > 1 ANT150D6-9 VHF 4-Bay Folded Dipole Antenna - $995
> > 1 Setup, programming, and bench testing before shipping - $105
>
> My comments would be:
>
> 1.  AVOID the LMR coax!!!  100 feet of 1/2" Heliax with connectors
is only
> going to cost you maybe $50 more than the prices shown.  Feedline is
NOT the
> place to cut corners.
>
> 2.  I don't know what the PC??-?? patch cables are, but I'm guessing
that
> they, too, are LMR400 (judging by the PC95-400-NN nomenclature).  If
that's
> the case, upgrade to either double-shielded silver-braid coax (RG142B,
> RG214, RG393, RG400), or are solid-shield cables such as Superflex-type
> Heliax.  For the prices quoted, you could afford to buy the
materials AND
> crimp tools to make your own RG400 or RG214 cables with silver-plated
> gold-pin telfon-dielectric connectors.
>
> 3.  Consider budgeting for an isolator for the transmitter and
additional
> receiver filtering.  A pass/reject duplexer like the Telewave
TPRD-1556 does