--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "IF YOUR NICE I MAY TELL
YOU" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all what do I need to put together a simplex repeater without
using
> a recording device.I would like to hook up 2 radios and
> antennas.Thanks for any input.KC0USN 73's  Do simplex repeaters
> require Frequency cordinater to give frequency or can you pick
your own?

Hello Frank it CAN be done Plessey managed it as a true low-power
simplex repeater but it wqs VERY complex.I would'nt attempt to build
one and IF you can find one on the surplus market it will cost you
$5000 at least (although sucessful they only built about 100 of them)
     There are quite a few articles on the Web about this device my
advice is forget the idea and do as others have suggested and use a
Parrot (RadioShack and MFJ both make good ones)

g8umx
(30 years in Military radio and Defence  Electronics)