As a small bit of fun my self and several other locals are considering
installing a 6 metre repeater servicing a modest area around Brisbane and
the northern Gold Coast here in Oz, now to keep things cheap we are looking
at converting a couple of Kenwood low band TX at 25 watts into a copper
jpole or other hame made stick for the base and wonder seeing the tk-601s is
kinda old (but free) if any information about altering the frequencies is
available? I understand there was some info about a diode matrix about years
ago which might be suitable (we have some 828e but don’t whish to use them)
and rather than get into yet another hardware discussion has anyone used
Linux as a controller? (I have a spare loaded p3 on mepis). I cant see too
many problems with the interface as packet is easy to run off a computer on
the sound card so suggestions and experience gratefully considered, we have
a decent site on top of Mount Tamborine which is ideal and figure a simple
70cm link to my home will allow control, comments please
Thanks
Barry
Vk4kgw Brisbane

Advertisement: Fresh jobs daily. Stop waiting for the newspaper. Search Now!
www.seek.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau&_t=757263760&_r=Hotmail_EndText_Dec06&_m=EXT

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional