  From: skipp025
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 2:33 PM
  Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Solar Power Charge Controller Report

  Re: Solar Power Charge Controller Report

  I just put in another solar power system using a Trace Xantrex
  C-60 aka C60 Controller. My first time using this (specific) newer
  generation Trace controller model, which appears to have an onboard
  pic processor. When compared to earlier C35 and C40 controllers the
  mechanical relay also goes away for 100% electronic switching/control.

  Lots to say about the C60... most of the current model features being
  well received. Of interest is the ability to configure the controller
  as a charge controller or a load diverter (but not at the same time).

  The only major downside is no true load LVD in the charge controller
  mode. ... but few small or moderate capacity quality solar charge
  controllers seem to include load LVD. But it's not a problem if
  you simply include a Load LVD such as the Newmar LVD units previously
  mentioned here in the group.

  Construction quality is pretty good and the manual is pretty darn
  good. Sad to see the unit now being made in China but that's the way
  of the world global economy.

  I needed the 60 amp capacity... otherwise I would probably spec the
  C40 controller for the higher input voltage range. The C60 input
  range is very good but the C40 input range is very impressive.

  System install and startup went without a hitch so onward we go...

  cheers,
  skipp