> Re: PL board for an MSR2000 and have a few questions:
> I want to use the card for decode as well as tx  encode out.
> Do I also need to continue to use two vibrasponder reeds, or
> do I need to use one 'sponder and one 'sender reed in the two
> slots (sounds more logical)?

You can do both the above in a base station configuration or you
will need both reeds if the card is for duplex (repeater) operation.

The TRN5073A is Duplex (TA-RB)
TRN5074A is Simplex (TA-RA)
The TRN5075A is Simplex (TA-RB)

> 2. Which socket is the tx and which is the rx socket?

You or I would simply have to look it up in the manual...

Since it's friday... decoding reed Z1 (for TA-RA) and Z2 (for TA-RB)
on duplex applications.

So you probably want Z1 as the encode reed and Z2 as the Decode reed.

> 3. Does anyone have a scanned image of the PL board schematic and/or
> jumper listings?  Unfortunately I don't have a audio&control manual
> around.

> Anyone have any experience with effect on receiver audio quality
> with  the PL filter inline versus out of line?  Reason I ask is
> that I originally set up the repeater with a TS64 board (which
> failed), and left JU1 on the audio card in place. The receiver
> audio has excellent freq response. I was planning on removing the
> JU1 once I install the OEM PL card and remove the TS64, thus
> inserting the PL filter in line with the rx audio feeding the
> controller. I'm hoping the freq response remains the same. My
> experience with Micor base receivers is that the PL filter changes
> the audio response, thus the extra cap tht is jumpered in when the
> filter is not present. Hence the question....
> Thanks
> Eric
> KE2D
> www.w2njr.org

The MSR ctcss filter is about as good as it gets. It's a real well
designed high pass filter with a trailing ctcss notch filter. You'll
like it a lot...

good luck
skipp

Jumpers as follows

     Simple/Duplex
Jmpr TARA TARB TARB
JU1   IN   IN  OUT
JU2   IN   IN  OUT
JU3   IN  OUT  OUT
JU4   IN  OUT   IN
JU5  OUT  OUT   IN
JU6   IN   IN  OUT
JU7   IN   IN  OUT

JU8  Normally in, out when using 67 Hz reed.

[boy some of the things I do for people... ]