At 06:49 AM 2/20/2007, you wrote:

>Ok... So I've tuned this duplexer as a notch device. Put a 2 watt
>handheld into a dummy load and watt meter (not in that order mind you)
>and it seems to reject the corresponding frequencies. My question now
>is... Why did my swr jump from 1:1.3 to 1:3. Do I need to re-tweek
>it? Also I'm noticing a huge power loss when measured before and
>after the duplexer. Talking 30 watts down to below 10 watts. Any
>suggestions. Perhaps it is time to check the cables etc? Thanks for
>all the help in the past.

<---What did you do with the 3rd port during your tuning procedure?
When you tune a duplexer, did you MUST present a 50 ohm load on ALL 3
ports. This typically means using 3 (or 6) dB pads on all ports during tuning.

Since yours is showing excessive loss and bad VSWR, my bet is you
left the 3rd port unterminated and didn't use pads on at least the
Port to which the radio was connected.

Ken
President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of the world famous RC210 Repeater Controller and accessories.
http://www.arcomcontrollers.com/
Authorized Dealers for Kenwood and Telewave and
we offer complete repeater packages!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net