At 2/20/2007 05:39, you wrote:

>Could never understand why a Diamond long 18 ft dual band antenna has
>about 8 dbd on VHF/11 dbd on UHF when a commerical antenna like the
>Super Station Master or DB224 has 6 db.  Think the commerical people
>know why, not, hi.

The Diamond specs are actually dBi, not dBd.  If they claim dBd, it's false
advertising.  Someday if I find one torn apart I'll build a model of it in
NEC-Win to prove it.

>QST for a long time refused to print gain specs in the ads for they
>knew most was smoke.

Yes, but not publishing gain specs for antennas is sort of like not
publishing power ratings for amplifiers or amperage ratings for 12 V power
supplies.

Bob NO6B