skipp025 wrote:
> .... which seems rather odd because most of the 220-220 Licenses I've
> seen are narrow band acsb type emissions.  But I can't see a
> reason why nb fm wouldn't work or be allowed. Certainly be more
> practical in the commercial radio world than the acsb format.
>
> cheers,
> skipp

The main reason is the bandwidth allotment is only 4 Khz, and the
emission (for voice) is J3E.

I do remember hearing the same thing Gary said though, that if someone
had enough contiguous channels, they could use narrowband FM (would need
at least 3-4 channels for one voice path).
--
Jim Barbour
WD8CHL