   _____

From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gareth Bennett
Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2007 6:09 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] TKR-750 P/A Failures

Hi Group,
    Can anybody out there enlighten me on the power amp failures on the
earlier Kenwood TKR-750 Repeaters? I recall that Kenwood was scrambling
around changing these under warranty when the 750 was first released.
I have just removed one from service that was only pushing 15 Watts @ 7 Amps
(Set for High power).
    This particular repeater has already suffered dry joints around the PA
stage which was not the cause of fault this time.
Can any Kenwood dealers shed some light on this common problem and suggest
the replacement P/A part number for around 150-160 MHz?

 Interestingly we replaced the -750 with a Vertex VXR-9000 repeater and
commissioning tests revealed about 3 dB better sensitivity than the 750's
for 12dB Sinad.

Regards

Gareth Bennett

This e-mail is confidential, if you received this message in error, or you
are not the intended recipient,
please return it to the sender and destroy any copies.
Thank you.

Visit HYPERLINK "http://www.ourazle.com"OurAzle.com
It's free and you can talk about anything in Azle you like!

11:49 AM