tomnevue wrote:

> I bought a Sinclair Q202G 4 can VHF duplexer. The previous owner
> clearly spent a lot of time playing with the variable capacitors. 2 are
> totally ruined and I suspect the other 2 are damaged because I can't
> get a notch depth below 60db and it's not stable. These are porcelain
> (white glass) piston style marked MAV05A30. Can anyone help me with
> some replacements or source of supply? Any help is appreciated. Tom
> W2MN

Maybe I can help.  They were made by E. F. Johnson (don't know if they
still make them), and I still might have a couple of them.  The problem
is I might have trouble finding them as I bought about a dozen some 15
years ago, but I'll look.  They were ridiculously expensive, about
US$18-20 each as I recall as they are porcelain and gold.  Shoot me an
email off-list.  If I have any, you can have them.
--

Larry W1HJF
rapp at lmr dot com