From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 2:51 PM
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Mastr II mobile in repeater service Noise
in receiver

Ok all you helpful folks. I need some ideas.
I have a UHF mastr II tuned to the ham band. I am using a NHRC-3/M2
controller. I have a 2 meter remote base on the 2nd port of the
controller. I have both audio delay boards installed. I am running a
TS-64 ctcss board in full encode/decode. My output is 25watts out of
the cavities. I am using a set of TX/RX Varinotch cans. I am running
a ARR preamp.
The problem I have is this. Sometimes on the receive signal it
sounds "crunchy". A signal will be full quieting and then it will
get "crunchy" and then slowly clear up. On weaker signals
the "crunchy sounding audio will just stay that way. I thought maybe
this was caused by the AD but it was still there when i removed the
delay board.
This system was on 444.450/449.450 for abt 7 years with no problems.
I moved and had to change the frequencies to 448.450/443.450. I also
had a IFAS board fail a few months ago and swapped it out with one I
had from another UHF Mastr II.
Thoughts? ideas? places to start? Bring it on!! I need to make this
thing work rght or take it off the air.

Dan