In a message dated 4/20/2007 8:44:40 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

The  longest run of coax would be under 30 feet so I should be able
to use  LMR-400 for the feed line. The one thing I'm not sure about
is how to  connect the coax to the phone. Is there an adaptor that
would go between  the little jack on the phone and then to one of the
more common coax  connectors like a TNC or SMA or some such thing?

For starters, you need a cell phone that has an external antenna port. Some
of them don't. For 30 feet I would put the money into a high gain yagi and
first see the results with RG-213 which of course has higher losses than LMR or

Heliax, but for 30 feet it may not make a serious difference. A short pigtail
of  RG-58 to make the phone less cumbersome to use won't hurt much either.
The  adaptors for the cell phone antenna port are available from Cellantenna.
They  offer an adaptor for virtually every cell phone there is.