anpap wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>Does anyone have a manual or information on an "SSC 836AA"
>repeater controller? It also has the following on the PCB:
>T-A2-1761-4 if it makes any difference...
>
>Also, has anyone configured a TAIT T800 Base Station/repeater for use
>as a repeater?
>
>thanks,
>
>Andreas - 5B8AP

Andreas,

The Tait T800 can be configured to be a stand alone repeater with drop
delay and time out timer without any external equipment. It would not
have an identifier though. The internal and external jumpers required
for internal repeat mode are shown in the manual. Connecting one to an
external controller is pretty straight forward if you have a manual
(needed for alignment anyway) to properly configure the internal jumpers.

The T800s came in a Series I (EPROM programmable) and Series II
(internal micro-controller that is PC programmable).

Ed Yoho
WA6RQD