I don't think any of them have cavities in them. I would suspect that the
telewave is built very similar to the diamond etc. Mostly lumped circuit
tuning (capacitor and coils) and maybe some 1/4 wave stub tuned coax rolled
up inside.

For a long time most commercial manufactures like telewave Sinclair etc.
stayed away from cross band couplers between 150 and 450 bands but readily
did it between 800 and 450 or 800 and 150. The problem with 150 and 450 is
that they are harmonically related. A quarter wave length cavity on 150 is a
three quarter wave length cavity on 450. A three quarter wave cavity
resonates just as well at three quarter wave as it does at a quarter wave
but of course has more selectivity as a three quarter wave.
Most of the better transmitter combiners for 800 and 900 MHz used three
quarter wave length cavities in them.

Most of the cross band couplers use capacitors and inductors to form low and
high pass filters to get around the 3rd resonance mode of cavities.
Cross band couplers open the door for intermode problems as those 3rd
harmonics are not attenuated all that much in the couplers. They do work but
sometimes may cause problems.

DUPLEXER / DIPLEXER
A duplexer and diplexer are very similar. A diplexer is what it is usually
called when two transmitters are combined together. If a transmitter and
receiver are combined then it is called a duplexer.
The cross band couplers I suppose could be called either as they do combine
two transmitters but they also combine two receivers and allow duplex
operation.
You could have a 450 receiver working at the same time as a 150 transmitter
so that would be a duplex situation.

Maybe they should be called duo-duplexers.  :>)

73
Gary  K4FMX