-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com On Behalf Of Preston Moore

Anyone have any suggestions on an antenna for GMRS
repeater use.  This repeater will be at my residence
and the antenna will be mounted on a 5-foot tripod on
the roof.  I have a DB-420 and was successful in
getting it mounted, but I felt it was just slightly
too heavy.  I was afraid it would come down in a
strong wind.

Can I use just the top section of the DB-420 without
changing the phasing harness?  If not, can someone
please suggest a decent antenna?

Antenna tripod mount is at about the 40-foot level and
height really does not matter.  I have a $500 antenna
budget.

Thanks
Preston Moore