Kerry-

Wow.  What a small world.  Assuming you still reside
at the address listed on your
license, I grew up less than a half-mile from
you(Aspen [EMAIL PROTECTED] Jester).  At any rate, if
you need any help setting up a crossband system just
let me know.  I might be able to
hook you up on the cheap.

Preston
prestonmoore.com

Quoting kdf9511 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hello, I am a new ham op that comes from a commerical
LMR background.
I am in the process of setting up my home station.  It
will consist of
a few Motorola Maxtracs and possibly some GE Phenox
VHF radios
reprogramed to the 2m band to hit some of the many
local repeaters
here in the Houston TX area.

Here is my queston.  Is it possible to hook two of
these radios up as
a repeater to link out to other local repeaters?
Right now the only
radio I have is a Yaesu FT-470 ht and I want to be
able to sit out on
the patio with either that or an HT220 that I am
getting and use the
higher power Maxtrac to hit the repeaters.  The ones
that I am
intrested in are just a little bit too far away to hit
with my HT.

Thanks
Kerry
KE5OFO