It looks to me that the extra cavities were added to a regular duplexer. The
receive side has the T connector connected to the notch cavity thru a length
of cable to make a pass band network along with the notch. This has the
effect of skewing the normal pass of the notch filter on one side (making
for a steeper notch on one side) and at the same time forming somewhat of a
pass band filter with the length of cable between the filter and T. The
extra stub I believe is used to try and make the notch steeper on one side
so as not to overlap on the TX side with the close spacing.

They may have reduced the coupling of the notches in order to try and make
them steeper for the close spacing and then added the extra cavities to make
up for the inadequate coupling in the primary filter cans.
Or they may have just thought that "more is better". Or they may have added
the extra filters because of the botched job of trying to make a close space
duplexer and not getting the cables right.

73
Gary  K4FMX