How about a VHF receiver at each site that listens to the other
repeater?  Obvioulsy, you'll need excellent antenna separation to do
this, plus the ability to eliminate CTCSS from being transmitted on
hang time and during ID's.  Otherwise, you'll wind up getting caught in
a "loop."  Also, the two sites must be able to hear each other.

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "prostockcocker"