-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of mch
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 10:22 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Do Anyone Use Their Repeater For This

Yes. Using an RC-850.

White paper? Why? Program the pagers and determine the 'right code' on
the 850, and you're set. I'll probably be doing the same on a RC-210 or
810 at some point.

I would recommend staying away from the Minitor IIs. Many parts for them
are NLA - including the case/housing.

Joe M.

Christopher Hodgdon wrote:

> Does anyone out there that is using their repeater to support
> emergency operations, have it setup to also send out a page to pagers
> that emergency operators may have.
>
> Here is what we want to do, we wish to obtain some 2 meter voice
> pagers, Minitors or similar, like those used by most volunteer fire
> departments, and set them to receive on the same frequency as our
> repeater, when they receive a proper 2 tone signal from the repeater.
>
> We wish to do this so that we do not have to obtain a seperate
> frequency just for our pagers, plus some members are not hams, but
> they would be able to monitor communications during a disaster.  I
> have been told that we can reset such pagers to work on the frequency
> that we have been coordinated.
>
> We are interested in having such a setup, but need to know if anyone
> else is doing it?  If so, how are you sending the tones for the pager
> and such.  If someone has a "white" paper on their setup or a detailed
> 'instruction manual' on your setup and how you designed and operate
> it, that would be great.  In fact if someone has that and is willing,
> we would like to use it to publish a story on our ARES site, about
> such group that is using it and that we are trying to add it to our system

3:03 PM

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
3:03 PM

<*> Your email settings: