Are you using a repeater controller? Because if you are, I'd pull out all those Motorola cards and throw them in the garbage and wire the controller directly to the Rx and Tx boards.

Dave Baughn
Director of Engineering
The University of Alabama
Center for Public Television and Radio
WVUA/WUOA-TV & WUAL/ WQPR/ WAPR FM
Box 870150
195 Reese Phifer Hall, 901 University Blvd.
Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35487
205.348.8622 cell 205.310.8798
NEW EMAIL [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> "Trevor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 6/6/2007 7:03 PM >>>

OOPS I forgot to put the station model: C71RCB-3106DT

Trevor
--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Trevor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have been in the proccess of converting my low-band Micor repeater
> to 6M use, I got the reciever and transmitter converted over, and
> semi-retuned the PA when it stoped keying, afer checking around I
> cleaned the contacts on the Station Control (TLN4635B) F1-PL
> (TLN4636A) and Squelch (TLN4662APR Converted for external repeater
> modification per wa8dbw) modules. Then it started working agian.
> BUT... While aliging the PA I was getting low power out, so I thought
> I would check the voltage on the keyed a- line (I didn't have a meter
> set, so I was using my multimeter in 2000uA mode) but I forgot to
> switch the multimeter out of uA and shorted the Keyed a- to a+. Then
> the repeater wouldn't unkey, unless I pulled one of the modules. I
> played around for a bit and determined, if I have the Squelch module
> out, and I push the XMIT switch on the control module it would key and
> stay keyed. If I put in the Squelch module and keyed a HT it would
> lock on.After digging for a couple weeks (and getting new manuals) I
> decied ordered new Station control, F1-PL modules. (It was a lot pull
> with a new F1-PL, F1, 2 control and a couple others) Today I put them
> in and it does the same.
>
> What should I look at next?
>

> Thanks!
> Trevor KG6MDW