Actually I believe Steve has the fix, We had an unused DC control on the IIe that wreaking all sorts of havoc.

Steve S. Bosshard (NU5D) wrote:

Be sure the control line is terminated. I have seen m3's get repeat
disable from voice on the control line (even if remote control is not
used). Vexing problem. Steve NU5D - BTW that tip came from Pete
Lascelle at GE, or EGE, or Comnet, or MA/COM now days...