Nate wrote:

> For the record, the interference appears as an on frequency signal
> (leading me to initially suspect intermod of some type) with clear
> audio of the dispatcher and officers.  At first I thought I heard a
> second level of audio as well that I haven't been able to identify it
> whether it is background or another transmitter--partly due to
> catching it at the right time, and partly because my QTH doesn't
> allow me to hear it very well.  KC0MLS thought receiver overload may
> be the issue so that's why we're trying the Celwave cavity.

Hi Nate...

Just to be clear (because it helps figure it out), do you hear every
transmission, or only parts of transmissions?

(Mixing with something else that goes on and off air, would come and go
during a longer transmission on the system you're hearing in your
repeater.  Often you can find the thing you're mixing with if it's
on-site by watching TX LED's and taking along a few receivers... "Okay
the dispatcher is on-air, and hey there's the interference, and the red
TX LED just came on over here on this panel... and then... there it's
gone and the TX LED went out..."

You get the idea...

Also seeing what's really coming down the RX side of things with a
Spectrum Analyzer may be enlightening.

Nate WY0X