From: Gary Schafer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2007 8:43:37 PM
Subject: RE: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Bird Wattmeter X2/X5 Range Switch

Hi Don,

Yes the slug could be damaged because
there is tighter coupling to the line in low power slugs compared to high power
slugs. I don’t know how much over current/ over voltage the diode and
other parts in the slug can withstand however.

The meter movement can also be damaged by
switching to read forward power with the low power slug.

If you look at a chart in the bird manual
that shows typical bandwidth of different slugs you will see that the higher
power slugs have a wider bandwidth than the lower power slugs. The tighter loop
coupling in the low power slug contributes to narrower bandwidth.

73

Gary
K4FMX