Jesse,

You are correct and this is why some large coax have hollow tubing for the
inter conductor.  Due to skin effect the current density on the outer part of
the conductor is higher.

But if a coax has 10 watts with a said current at one freq and the same current
at a higher freq the losses will be different.  This was my point.

73, ron, n9ee/r