That would be correct, we do not care or ask what equipment is being
utilized unless it is provided to us by the applicant to assist them
in completing their application.  Officially we only need the
technical data (antenna HAAT, transmitter output, ERP, etc.).  In
Florida we are actually a pretty bright bunch that are aware of the
different configurations and equipment types, but we do not use this
information to weigh one coordination request against another or the
ability to be granted a coordination.

Mark KS4VT
FRC District 2 Director

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, Ron Wright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I think most repeater coordinators don't ask what equipment one is
running or going to use. This is how it is in Florida anyway.
Besides most coordinators don't know much about the equipment being
used.

> I think they just follow their coordinating policy (distant to co-
channel repeater, height of requested coord, power out, etc).  If an
interference problem occurs they might be asked to get involved.

> There are repeaters packages on e-bay made up of 2 Ham
transceivers, but probably go to some that are not familiar with what
equipment, spec wise, is desired, hi.